Monday, February 25, 2013

Day... oops! Forgot to work out!

Today most of my work out consisted of running back to the kitchen. Most of it was for water, but I did eat chips. Tomorrow is another day, and I will do better tomorrow.

I read a few chapters in my book. The first one is about dreams. It describes how God has dreams for us, but we don't always allow him to fulfill them. We might be scared, lazy, or ignorant. We might have low self esteem and subconciously believe that we are not worthy of God's love and that blessings that he gives us. I think I fall into the last category. I think there is a fine line between being a humble servant and believing that we are not worthy. At least there is in my mind.

The chapter also prompted me to think about my dreams. I have some career and personal goals that I would love to accomplish, but right now I have been doing a lot of soul-searching and personal building. I want to focus on that aspect. So I decided that I want to list some dreams of mine. Some goals.
 1. I want to be someone who works out 4-5 times a week. This might not seem like a big deal to some people. This might not seem like a challenge in five years for me. However, right now that is a huge deal. I might think about working out 4 or 5 times a week, but until about a week ago, it definitely wasn't happening. I want to be someone who is healthy. I will never be someone who isn't curvy, but I am working on healthy. Healthy habits physically is the only way I can get there.
2. I want to build stronger friendships. I have a lot of amazing people in my life. I want to keep it that way.
3. I want to be more organized. I could go into a lot of details. But that would be super boring.

In the book, they list all these empowering scriptures that remind us to rely on God's strength, not our own to achieve these goals. I think that is the only way I will be able to meet my goals.

The next chapter is about emerging yourself in the word. Reading the words God has put together for each of us. It's our blueprint of understanding how to accomplish these things. The book continues to talk about how you much become sure in yourself. You have to accept who you are and know that God love you the way he made you. He made you this way for a reason, and that's the only way to truly be happy with yourself. I can change habits, but I am still always going to be the same person if I am true to myself. There is a lot more to be said about that. It's late, so I just take it at surface value.

Even if I didn't get a physical work out in tonight, I think I got an emotional one in. Why does that make you more tired?

No comments:

Post a Comment